Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pioneer Woman Photography Bokeh Assignment

Click to enlarge this pic



I just love this picture of my sweet girl! I love how the background blurred, but she was in focus.


Nikon D5000
Shutter : 1/1000 sec
Aperture: f4.2
Focal Length: 105 mm
No Flash

So, how could I have made this even better? I am VERY new to photography and would love any help!!! Specifically, how do I tone down the blue hues? And brighten the pic...should I have used the flash here, or would that have made it too bright???

To see a few other pics from this "session" please see my blog...http://sandpiperfamily.blogspot.com/2009/08/natalies-2-year-picturesa-couple-of.html

4 comments:

  1. Oh no. no flash. See if you can add just a tiny yellow/orange in camera. The setting would be under white balance. If you feel your pictures are a little blue you can add some yellow 'in camera'. It's in your manual and I have just started doing this myself.
    I think you got great bokeh for being at 4.2.
    Lovely picture and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the NO flash. Flash almost always ruins the color.
    Nice pic and other than no flash I can't help you more I shoot with a p&s still :( Check out my attempts on my blog! Nice "meeting" you
    Jessie at Blog Schmog

    ReplyDelete
  3. try to NEVER use a flash. pics always look more real!
    your girls is a real sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI!! nice to meet you! I arrive from PW blog!
    This picture is really very very nice! I have also a Nikon (D60) since a few months and i'm also learning to do "good" pics! :)

    ReplyDelete